Career Opportunity at COSTI
ELT Job Developer
COSTI REQUIRES A JOB DEVELOPER FOR ITS
ENHANCED LANGUAGE TRAINING PROGRAM IN PEEL REGION
This is a union contract position scheduled to work 35 hours per week. Current incumbent will be on a leave.
• Solicits placement opportunities in the professional sector relevant to clients’ past experience.
• Inquires employers about safety precautionary measures and conducts worksite inspections prior to placing clients.
• Prepares and confirms placement contracts with employers.
• Organizes and conducts pre-employment workshops blended delivery in class, via Zoom and other online tools.
• Facilitates employment skills development through Online Training Modules on Moodle.
• Identifies clients’ job readiness and employment training needs.
• Assists participants in developing individualized and self-directed job search work plans and career portfolios.
• Reviews, critiques and provides feedback on participants’ résumé development and finalization.
• Provides one-on-one counselling and support to program participants via telephone, email, virtual meeting tools and/or in person.
• Assists participants in identifying and networking with field professionals.
• Prepares clients for online and in-person job/work placement interviews, provides feedback and coaching.
• Monitors participants’ progress in their field placements and employers’ satisfaction.
• Assists participants in securing employment in the professional sector relevant to their past experience.
• Solicits feedback from participants and employers for program evaluation.
• Prepares and maintains narrative and statistical reports and other documentation as required.
• Inputs clients’ information into database system for services provided and maintains case notes of clients’ coaching sessions and records of employer contacts.
• Conducts follow-ups with participants upon completion of training and field placements.
• Career and Work Diploma or equivalent with relevant practicum experience.
• Minimum of six (6) months of experience facilitating employment workshops and counselling.
• Must have nine (9) months experience working with employers and placing clients.
• Experience and sensitivity in working with Foreign Trained/Experienced Professionals.
• Ability to work remotely and independently using the phone, computer and internet.
• Knowledge of Google Drive and Moodle.
• Experience using virtual meeting tools such as Zoom, High-Five or Go-to-Meeting.
• Experience in facilitating online training through Learning Management System (LMS) such as Moodle.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Internet, and email is essential.
• Knowledge of wage subsidies and/other Employment Support Programs offered through MAESD
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with exceptional multitasking skills.
• Knowledge of access to professions for newcomers and their pre-employment needs.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Car is required for travelling throughout the GTA
|Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, work will be completed remotely using COSTI equipment. Once Public Health directives are lifted and COSTI has decided to physically reopen, this position will be working from Brampton (601-7700 Hurontario St, Brampton ON L6Y
Duration of Position:
|February 22, 2021 to August 19, 2022
Starting Salary Range:
|$46,385 to $49,922 per annum + benefits
|**Hours of work shall be scheduled in accordance with Article 12.01and shall consist of five (5) seven (7) hour days, Monday to Friday.
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.
Subject to the response of those on Notice of Recall, this position may be open to Union members on a secondment basis.
If you are interested, please quote Reference #06-21
and send your resume with a covering letter to:
Manager, Staffing and Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Toronto, Ontario M6E 3P2
"We thank all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please."
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.