Career Opportunity at COSTI
COSTI REQUIRES A CLINICAL COUNSELLOR FOR ITS EXPRESSIVE ART THERAPY PROJECT FOR MUSLIM WOMEN EXPOSED TO ISLAMOPHOBIA
This is a Union position scheduled to work 35 hours per week (current funding goes to March 31, 2024 with the possibility of an extension)
- Provides initial settlement services to Government Assisted Refugees (GARs) and/or jointly Coordinates the logistics of an art-based trauma project for Muslim women coping with Islamophobia.
- Identifies and builds partnerships with local Muslim artists and Muslim serving organizations.
- Co-facilitates art therapy sessions with artists.
- Conducts psychosocial mental health assessments.
- Provides short term counselling to women who have experienced Islamophobia.
- Provides Trauma Informed Cognitive Behavioral Treatment.
- Develops and implements a short-term treatment plan.
- Provides resources to enhance safety.
- Makes referrals to appropriate health/mental health and social service agencies.
- Liaises with other organizations and service providers.
- Enters statistical client data in COSTI’s client database and prepares quarterly reports.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor of Social Work or equivalent with one (1) year clinical counselling experience.
- Must have previous experience working with Muslim women and facilitating groups for Muslim women who have experienced Islamophobia.
- Understanding and knowledge of systemic and overt Islamophobia.
- Priority consideration will go to those who speak any of the following languages: Arabic, Dari, Farsi, Hausa, Pushto, Somali, Urdu.
- Must have previous experience working with Muslim women who have experienced overt Islamophobia.
- Demonstrated understanding of cultural humility and sound culturally competent clinical skills.
- Knowledge of Anti-Oppression, Anti-Racism and Islamophobia.
- Demonstrated experience delivering virtual services using Zoom, Teams and other social media applications.
- Knowledge of trauma theory and recovery.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the social problems facing refugees and immigrants.
- Knowledge and experience of art therapy will be an asset.
- Priority consideration will go to those who speak any of the following languages: Arabic, Dari, Farsi, Hausa, Pushto, Somali, Urdu
- Must be able to work evenings.
|1700 Wilson Ave., Toronto
Duration of Position:
|September 30, 2021 to March 31, 2024
Starting Salary Range:
|$58, 911 to $63,402 per annum + Benefits
|Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.
If you are interested, please quote Reference #166-21
and send your resume with a covering letter to:
Manager, Staffing and Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Toronto, Ontario M6E 3P2
"We thank all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please."
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.