Career Opportunity at COSTI
COSTI REQUIRES A PROGRAM MANAGER FOR ITS NEWCOMER EMPLOYMENT SERVICES PROGRAMS IN THE REGIONS OF PEEL AND YORK
This is a full-time non-union position scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
- Supervises staff and administers all the newcomer employment services and other employment related programs at in Peel and York Regions, ensuring services meet the funder’ standards and guidelines, agency policies and procedures.
- Develops Annual Business/Service Plans and reviews, monitors, evaluates and enriches programs to ensure high quality service that meets/exceeds contractual obligations and is supported by effective marketing strategies.
- Develops annual budgets for all programs of over $2,000,000, monitoring and controlling expenses within the guidelines and accounting practices.
- Submits reports to funders, weekly, monthly and yearly.
- Develops Marketing strategies in line with COSTI’s communications policies ad and promotes the newcomer programs and services via multiple media within and outside the organization to both private and public sectors.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with partners, regulatory bodies, professional associations, funders training institutions and other service providers.
- Ensures that all organizational time lines are met (e.g. grant applications, monthly and quarterly reports, budgetary reviews, performance appraisals).
- Participates in division management team meetings, organizational meetings and external community commitments, takes on tasks and lead roles as agreed upon.
- Responsible for hiring, training, evaluating and disciplining staff, students and volunteers.
- Researches, recommends, develops funding proposals and implements new programs and services.
- Coordinates and leads biweekly individual supervision meetings with staff/students and weekly goals-setting/scoreboard and monthly team meetings.
- Ensures that the programs and its staff are in compliance with operational policies and procedures.
- Reports to Director for Employment Services for supervision and performance appraisal.
- University degree or equivalent education.
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience managing an employment program.
- Two (2) years of experience of supervising and coaching staff in a unionized environment. Preference will be given to those who have supervised staff in an employment program.
- Three (3) years’ experience providing newcomer employment services and multiple employment services guidelines and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management, analytical and decision-making skills, with an annual budget of $1 million or more.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with community organizations and government.
- Well-developed organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of the newcomer communities in the Regions of Peel and York and community resources for clients.
- Sensitive to and aware of the multicultural community and the social problems facing immigrants.
- Ability to communicate in languages other than English an asset.
- Ability to work in a fast-passed environment with exceptional multitasking skills.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Internet, and email is essential. Working familiarity with on-line tools and data base resources an asset.
- Must have a car for business travel.
- Must be available to work evenings & weekends.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID- 19
|10 Gillingham Drive, Brampton and 3100 Rutherford Road, Vaughan.
Duration of Position:
|Starting November 15, 2021
Starting Salary Range:
|$59,210 to $66,204 per annum + benefits
If you are interested, please quote Reference #181-21
and send your resume with a covering letter to:
Manager, Staffing and Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Toronto, Ontario M6E 3P2
"We thank all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please."
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.