- Cleans and maintains the Centre and grounds as per safety and health regulations.
- Assists in teaching clients how to use the equipment and cleaning products such as washer/dryer, cleaning products, such as washer and dryer, sweep, mop, cleaning products washrooms and bathing facilities.
- Sweeps and washes floors in the hallway, offices, dining area, stairs ways, basement, outside balconies, front entrance etc.
- Clean and disinfects windows, glass, metal surfaces, appliances, steam table, refrigerator, dryers, washing machines, ashtrays, garbage dispensers, washroom and shower facilities.
- Cleans and disinfects all rooms, offices, classroom and their fixtures.
- Assist on the preparation of rooms for new arrivals.
- Cleans and disinfects kitchen, countertops, serving areas, dining room after every meal and snacks.
- Assists the cooks in the preparation of food, keep stock for the serving area up to date and refill sugar, rice and utensil containers.
- Assists the kitchen staff with preparing beverages, serving meals and snacks, preparing the dining area and cleaning after each meal.
- Assist the kitchen staff on placing delivery items away.
- Prepares hot and cold beverages, heats and serve each meal.
- Prepares and Cleans up after each meal and snacks.
- Empties and dispenses garbage in offices, rooms, kitchen/dining room, washrooms in appropriate disposal units.
- Maintain front yard clean, sweep and wash front yard, organize, garbage bins, wash them and place them back on garbage day and keep waste area nice and tidy.
- Enforce house rules and teaches and assists the residents how to use facility equipment; microwave, toaster, hot water tower, washer/dryer machine, how to use toilets, showers and cleaning products.
- Replaces and replenishes soap containers, light bulbs, mattress covers and notifies the center Manager of any needed repairs.
- Carries cleaning supplies, linens, mattresses and equipment weighing up to 50lbs.
- Performs other duties as required: answers telephones, sets up rooms; rearranges furniture; distribute donations, etc.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in housekeeping in large residential institutions.
- Must have a WHMIS certificate.
- Must be able to carry 50lbs.
- Must have a Safe Food handling Certificate
- Sensitivity and awareness of working with refugee population.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to speak one of the following languages is an asset: Dari, Farsi, Arabic, Spanish, Amharic, French, Russian, Somali, Tagalog and Tigrinya.
- Required to provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) Police check. The VSS must have been completed within past 6 months.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19