Career Opportunity at COSTI
BE A PART OF A DYNAMIC AND DIVERSE ORGANIZATION AS
AN OFFICE ASSISTANT FOR ITS ENHANCED LANGUAGE TRAINING (ELT) PROGRAM IN BRAMPTON
This is a full-time non-union contract position, scheduled to work 35 hours per week,
(Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm)
- Provides administrative and secretarial support to ELT manager and team
- Handles client inquiries in person, on the telephone and via email and virtual meeting tools regarding COSTI’s programs and services
- Verifies, complies, corrects and types statistical and narrative reports
- Prepares and types letters, documents and certificates for signature regarding status of client
- Participates in intake and registration
- Responsible for client registration online and in person
- Responsible for input of client data into CIS, HARTs and iCare
- Liaises with assessment centre for client intake assessment and placement
- Liaises with instructors and program staff and to collect and compile data for entry into CIS, HARTs and iCare
- Prepares and verifies petty cash and course deposit statements for manager
- Orders office and program supplies as required
- Handles client inquiries in person, on the telephone, via email and virtual meeting tools regarding COSTI’s programs and services
- Creates, organizes and maintains operational files online
- Supports new clients’ access on Zoom or Teams to prepare for attendance in virtual classes
- Prepares and distributes materials for program outreach
- Maintains inventory of program materials and supplies
- Performs other administrative duties as required
- High school graduation or equivalent and 1-year office experience.
- Working knowledge of eLearning tools and applications, e.g. Moodle, and Google Drive.
- Experience using virtual interactive tools such as MS Team, Zoom, and Google Apps, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Internet email and social media, e.g. Facebook, twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good administrative skills, typing speed of 40 words per minute is essential.
- Knowledge of office procedures, capable of meeting timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent customer service skills and sensitivity towards educational needs of newcomers.
- Ability to speak second language rather than English is an asset.
- Knowledge of iCARE, CIS or CLARS would be an asset.
- Must be fully vaccinated or be exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption.
|7700 Hurontario Street, Brampton
Duration of Position:
|March 1, 2023 – February 29, 2024
Starting Salary Range:
|$21.89 - $25.03 per hour
|Please note that a written and technical assessment will be administered to demonstrate both written and planning skills as well as proficiency with MS Office applications and Outlook at an advanced level.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file quoting reference #39-23 to the below link:
"We thank all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please."
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.