Career Opportunity at COSTI
Be a part of a dynamic and diverse organization as
An Employment Consultant for its ITI Solutions Program within the Newcomer Employment Services, Vaughan Location
This is full-time Union position scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
- Conducts initial assessment for clients to determine eligibility for ITI Employment and Bridging Programs
- Coaches and provides ongoing employment counselling services to clients.
- Records services provided in various databases including COSTI internal systems.
- Delivers job search strategies workshop sessions including, industry-specific resume development, self-marketing, effective interview skills and phone calling techniques, among other job search techniques.
- Assists clients with resume development, cover letters, employment solicitation, follow-up and thank you letters, critiques, and provides feedback.
- Assists clients in developing action plans towards career goals, employment, and credential recognition.
- Develops job placement, internship, and mentoring opportunities for clients.
- Liaises with other COSTI Employment Consultants for client cross-referrals.
- Update labour market data and trends periodically for ITI professionals relevant to career planning and development, job search strategies, employment opportunities and pathways to credential recognition.
- Creates and revamps employment and pre-employment workshop materials and maintains an up-to-date e-copy and hard copy.
- Conducts outreach to employers to place participants in internships and employment.
- Organizes and arranges virtual and in-person workshops, information sessions, job fairs, special events and activities for the program.
- Works closely with regulatory bodies and professional associations to assist clients in pursuing the pathways to their credential recognition in Canada.
- Liaises with and makes presentations to other community organizations, ethno-specific agencies, training institutions, etc. to increase awareness of the programs and services.
- Compiles statistics both electronically and in hard copy using designated forms and procedures
- Maintains complete electronic case notes and service entries throughout the client relationship and compiles written and statistical reports as needed.
- Maintains a schedule for follow-up with clients at 3, 6 and 12 months to track outcomes and credential recognition progress.
- Develops marketing strategies targeted at specific clients and employers.
- Conducts exit interviews upon employment and monitors client and employer for job retention, feedback on service quality and long-term impact.
- Assists with job fairs, employer and special events as needed.
Hours of work shall be scheduled in accordance with Article 12.01 and shall consist of five (5) seven (7) hour days, Monday to Friday
- Social Services Worker diploma or equivalent with relevant practicum experience in an employment program.
- Minimum one (1) year of full-time employment counselling, facilitation, and job development experience
- Demonstrated experience delivering virtual services using Zoom and MS Teams.
- Extensive knowledge of career assessments and job search techniques.
- Knowledge of newcomers and barriers to employment.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Professional and Regulatory bodies.
- Knowledge of the current labour market and industry trends.
- Experience in developing job search workshop materials.
- Experience in job development for newcomer professionals.
- Excellent knowledge of community agencies and resources.
- High organizational skills with ability to work in a team.
- Knowledge of current computer packages: Word, Email, Internet.
- The ability to speak another language would be an asset.
- Required to travel throughout the GTA and access to a reliable vehicle is necessary.
- Experience in case management and client employment service plan development.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption.
|3100 Rutherford Road, Vaughan.
Duration of Position:
|Starting February 13, 2023
Starting Salary Range:
| $47, 790 - $51, 435 per annum + benefit
|Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.
"We thank all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please."
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.