Career Opportunity at COSTI
Assistant Manager Employment Services
Be a part of a dynamic and diverse organization as an Assistant Manager for its Employment Services, Brampton Location
This is a full-time management position, scheduled to work 35 hours per week. **
- Supervises staff and administers both Centres’ Employment Programs and Services in the Region of Peel (Brampton/Mississauga), ensuring services meet the standards and guidelines of Employment Ontario / WCG and agency policies and procedures.
- Responsible for hiring, training, evaluating and disciplining staff, students and volunteers
- Designs and implements comprehensive documentation standards and guidelines to ensure high quality, to conform with funder’s and Centres’ Quality Improvement Framework.
- Reviews, monitors, evaluates and enriches established programs to ensure that quality service is provided and meets contractual obligations by maintaining systems including checklists, templates to measure the quality of clients’ files, documentation and data entry.
- Schedules and conducts weekly randomized file and data bases (CaseFLO, CaMS, CIS, EDB) audits to ensure accurate and timely file documentation/maintenance and data integrity.
- Compiles, analyzes and disseminates activity monitoring reports to staff, staff teams and Managers.
- Follows up with individual staff/staff teams to review audit results, develop corrective action plans to ensure effective and high quality of the Centres’ activities in compliance with quality assurance standards, protocols and guidelines.
- Reviews weekly performance results with staff to ensure targets are met and program goals achieved.
- Develops and maintains a job retention tracking system for staff to schedule, track and report on follow-up communications (i.e. phone, email, in-person) with employed clients over 3, 6, and 12 month intervals
- Reviews and recommends approval of job placement contracts, training plans and monitors the effectiveness of job placements.
- Coordinates mentor-mentee referrals with TRIEC mentoring coach.
- Oversees and processes COJG training applications and conducts employer site visits.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with partners, funders and other service providers.
- Assists in the development in writing funding proposals and reports.
- Participates in division management team, organizational, WCG Contract Manager and external community networks meetings
- University degree or equivalent education.
- Two (2) years of experience of supervising and coaching of staff in a unionized environment. Preference will be given to those who have supervised staff in an employment program.
- Three (3) years’ experience providing employment services within the Employment Ontario and multiple employment services guidelines and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to program activity monitoring to ensure providing quality service in meeting program objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with community organizations and government.
- Well-developed organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Region of Peel’s underserved neighbourhoods and serving multi-barrier clients.
- Sensitive to and aware of the multicultural community and the social problems facing immigrants.
- Ability to communicate in languages other than English an asset.
- Ability to work in a fast passed environment with exceptional multitasking skills.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, EOIS/CaMS and email is essential. Working familiarity with on-line tools and data base resources an asset.
- Must have a car for business travel.
- Must be available to work evenings & weekends.
- Must be fully vaccinated or exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption
|10 Gillingham Drive, Brampton
Duration of Position:
|April 1, 2023 to June 30, 2023
Starting Salary Range:
|$52,556 to $ to $58,762 per annum + benefits
|Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.
Subject to the response of those on Notice of Recall, this position may be open to Union members on a secondment basis
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file, by quoting reference #70-23, and clicking on the below link:
"We thank all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please."
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.