Career Opportunity at COSTI
LINC PT Office Assistant
BE A PART OF A DYNAMIC AND DIVERSE ORGANIZATION AS
A PART TIME OFFICE ASSISTANT FOR ITS LANGUAGE & SKILLS
TRAINING SERVICES FOR MARKHAM NORTH LINC
AND RICHMOND HILL LINC
This is a full-time unionized position scheduled to work both in-person and virtually at COSTI Markham North and Richmond Hill locations for 30 hours per week at, including evenings and weekends, as deemed necessary by the organization.
- Provides administrative and secretarial support to the online and in-person services of the LINC (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada) program.
- Handles student and employer inquiries in person, on the telephone, via email, social media, virtual meetings and other online tools regarding COSTI’s programs and services.
- Verifies, complies, corrects and types statistical reports.
- Prepares and types letters, documents and certificates for signature regarding status of students.
- Creates, organizes and maintains operational files online and in hard copies where needed.
- Liaises with assessment centres for client intake assessment and placement.
- Communicates with Welcome Centre and community partners for client referrals.
- Responsible for client registration.
- Supports new clients’ and staff’s access to virtual conferencing tools and Learning Management System and prepares clients for attendance in virtual classes.
- Collects and inputs client data into CIS, CLARS and Welcome Centre systems.
- Prepares materials for program outreach via multiple media including web postings and social media. Reviews and updates program information on the web.
- Orders office supplies as required.
- Maintains inventory of program materials and supplies.
- Performs other administrative duties as required.
- Assists with reception duties at the Welcome Centre as required.
- Ability to work in-person at all COSTI locations, as well as remotely and independently using the phone, computer and internet.
- Ability to work day time, evenings, and weekends.
- Experience using virtual meeting tools such as MS Teams and Zoom.
- Knowledge of Google Drive and Google Classroom.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Internet and email.
- High school graduation or equivalent and 1year office experience.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good administrative skills, typing speed of 40 words per minute is essential.
- Knowledge of office procedures, capable of meeting timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent customer service skills and sensitivity towards educational needs of newcomers.
- Knowledge of CIS, HARTs or iCARE.
- Ability to speak Mandarin would be an asset.
|Markham, Richmond Hill
Duration of Position:
|December 1, 2023
Starting Salary Range:
|$25.48 per hour
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.
Subject to the response of those on Notice of Recall, this position may be open to Union members on a secondment basis.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters,
quoting reference 224-23, to:
"We thank all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please."
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.