Career Opportunity at COSTI
Employment Consultant - Brampton
This is a full-time non-union contract position scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
Current incumbent is on leave.
BE A PART OF A DYNAMIC AND DIVERSE ORGANIZATION AS
AN EMPLOYMENT CONSULTANT FOR ITS EMPLOYMENT SERVICES IN BRAMPTON
- Provides employment counselling services to un-/under-employed persons including newcomers, persons with disabilities, seniors, indigenous, disadvantaged youth and adults.
- Conducts intakes and employability assessments with clients using Common Assessment and Employment Service suitability indicators, potential employer requirements and labour market opportunities.
- Obtains and interprets the results of in-depth career and employment assessments of clients using formal assessment tools or external testing resources. Interprets collected data to assist clients in developing their Employment Service Plans utilizing the Employment Ontario Information Systems for tracking client activities follow-ups and outcomes. Administers and records financial supports for clients and employers.
- Assists clients to prepare and meet the objectives of their Second Career and other training Applications.
- Writes rationales for clients seeking Second Career, Self-Employment Benefit, Job Creation and other training opportunities.
- Conducts Employer Outreach in order to develop placement opportunities for clients in need of employment placement and where appropriate initiates on the job training financial incentives for the employer(s).
- Conducts scheduled follows-up with clients, monitors and supports their progress and job retention to ensure their employment service plans are fulfilled.
- Provides one-on-one assistance in resume/cover letters/interview skills as required.
- Maintains up-to-date job search and social support information and resource materials to support clients and make appropriate referrals as required
- Coaches and provides clients with pre-employment and post-employment mentoring opportunities.
- Maintains complete electronic case notes and service entries throughout the client relationship and compiles written and statistical reports as needed.
- Collaborates with Business Liaison regarding employer contacts/labour market conditions and client placement options and to support client job retention.
- Develops marketing strategies targeted at specific clients and employers.
- Liaises with community agencies, other youth serving organizations, boards of trade and professional groups for labour market and occupational information as a program resource.
- Conducts exit interviews upon employment and monitors client and employer for job retention, feedback on service quality and long-term impact.
- Facilitates structured individual, small group and e-counselling workshops to develop effective job search strategies.
- Assists with job fairs, employer and special events, and other duties as needed.
- Completion of Career and Work Diploma or Social Services Diploma or diploma in Business Administration, Human Resource, or related discipline
- Minimum one (1) year of full-time employment counselling, facilitation and job placement experience.
- Experience working with MAESD’s Case Management System (EOIS CaMS), SaMs, or other databases and online employment tools
- Demonstrated experience delivering virtual services using Zoom and other social media applications
- WCG Case Flo an asset
- Must have strong case management and client employment service plan development skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of job creation programs, education and training programs and subsidized training programs.
- Knowledge of the current labour market and industry trends.
- Experience working with youth, internationally trained professional, apprentices, employers and the community.
- Thorough knowledge of job search techniques, strategies, information and resources.
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate others.
- Excellent communication (oral & written) and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of current computer packages: word, email, internet, access is required.
- Level B Certification in Career Assessment tools is considered an asset.
- Some evenings may be required.
- Car is necessary for travel as required in Peel Region.
- Must be fully vaccinated or be exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption.
Hours of work shall be scheduled in accordance with Article 12.01 and shall consist of five (5) seven (7) hour days, Monday to Friday
Duration of Position:
|December 1, 2023, to March 31, 2024
Starting Salary Range:
|$54,151 to $58,178 per annum
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file, by quoting reference 235-23, and clicking on the below link:
"We thank all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please."
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.