Career Opportunity at COSTI
This is a full-time non-union position scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
BE A PART OF A DYNAMIC AND DIVERSE ORGANIZATION AS A
JOB DEVELOPER FOR OUR INTERNATIONALLY TRAINED INDIVIDUALS PROGRAM IN PEEL AND YORK REGION
- Solicits placement opportunities in the professional sector relevant to clients’ past experience.
- Inquires with employers about safety precautionary measures and conducts worksite inspections prior to placing clients.
- Prepares and confirms placement contracts with employers.
- Organizes and conducts pre-employment workshops blended delivery in class, via Zoom/MS Teams and other online tools.
- Facilitates employment skills development through Online Training Modules on Moodle.
- Identifies clients’ job readiness and employment training needs.
- Assists participants in developing individualized and self-directed job search work plans and career portfolios.
- Reviews, critiques, and provides feedback on participants’ résumé and cover letter development and finalization.
- Provides one-on-one counselling and support to program participants via telephone, email, virtual meeting tools and/or in person.
- Assists participants in identifying and networking with field professionals.
- Prepares clients for online and in-person job/work placement interviews, provides feedback and coaching.
- Monitors participants’ progress in their field placements and employers’ satisfaction.
- Assists participants in securing employment in the professional sector relevant to their past experience.
- Solicits feedback from participants and employers for program evaluation.
- Prepares and maintains narrative and statistical reports and other documentation as required.
- Inputs clients’ information into database system for services provided and maintains case notes of clients’ coaching sessions and records of employer contacts.
- Conducts follow-ups with participants upon completion of training and field placements.
- Organizes virtual and in-person job fairs, special events and activities for the program.
- Completion of Career and Work Diploma or Social Services Diploma or diploma in Business Administration, Human Resource, or related discipline
- Minimum one (1) year of full-time employment counselling, facilitation and job placement experience Demonstrated experience delivering virtual services using Zoom and other social media applications
- Extensive knowledge of career assessments and job search techniques
- Knowledge of newcomers and barriers to employment
- Knowledge and familiarity with Professional and Regulatory bodies
- Knowledge of the current labour market and industry trends.
- Experience in developing job search workshop materials
- Experience in developing placements for a variety of professions/occupations.
- Excellent knowledge of community agencies and resources.
- High organizational skills with ability to work in a team.
- Knowledge of current computer packages: Word, Email, Internet.
- The ability to speak another language would be an asset
- Must be willing to work at various locations throughout Peel & York Region.
- Required to travel to sites throughout the GTA and access to a reliable vehicle is necessary.
- Must be fully vaccinated or be exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption.
Duration of Position:
|December 11, 2023, to December 10, 2024
Starting Salary Range:
|$54,151 to $58,178 per annum + benefits
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file, by quoting reference #246-23, and clicking on the below link:
"We thank all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please."
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.