Career Opportunity at COSTI
This is a full-time unionized position scheduled to work 35 hours per week. This position is required to work in both the day and evening.
Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Monday and Thursday, 12:00 pm to 7:30 pm
Occasional work on Saturdays as needed
The above-listed position is subject to layoff for 7 weeks during program closure in summer.
COSTI REQUIRES AN ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT FOR ITS
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services.
For more information about COSTI, please visit our website
- Provides administrative and secretarial support to the E-Learning program.
- Handles clients’ inquiries in person, on the telephone, via email, social media, virtual meetings, and other online tools regarding COSTI’s programs and services.
- Verifies, compiles, corrects, and types statistical and narrative reports.
- Prepares and types letters, documents and certificates required in the operation of the program.
- Keeps track of the program’s expenses, completes center purchases, completes financial claims and payment requests, maintains income and expenses tracking system, manages petty cash, and provides regular updates to the program manager on program finances.
- Coordinates with other office assistant staff to ensure all program administrative duties are completed as required by funders and program manager.
- Creates, organizes, and maintains operational files online and in hard copies where needed.
- Liaises with assessment centers for client intake assessment and placement.
- Communicates with Welcome Centre and community partners for client referrals.
- Responsible for client registration and completes new client registration on COSTI’s CIS.
- Supports staff’s access to system applications, digital platforms and equipment, virtual conferencing tools, and a Learning Management System.
- Supports new clients’ access to virtual conferencing tools and prepares clients for attendance in virtual classes.
- Contacts and updates supply instructors’ information and availability.
- Collects and inputs client data into iCARE, HARTs, COSTI’s CIS, and Welcome Centre systems.
- Creates, maintains, and closes courses on iCARE, HARTS, and CIS systems.
- Prepares materials for program outreach via multiple media, including web postings and social media. Reviews and updates program information on the web.
- Orders office supplies as required.
- Maintains inventory of program materials and supplies.
- Performs other administrative duties as required.
- Assists with reception duties at the Welcome Centre as required.
- Ability to work remotely and independently using the phone, computer, and internet.
- Working knowledge of eLearning tools and applications, e.g., Moodle, Google Classroom, digital whiteboard, etc.
- Experience using virtual interactive tools such as MS Teams, Zoom, Go-to-Meeting, Google Apps, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Internet email, and social media, e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Ability to work during day, evenings, and weekends when needed.
- High school graduation or equivalent and 1-year office experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent administrative skills; typing speed of 40 words per minute is essential.
- Knowledge of office procedures, capable of meeting timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent customer service skills and sensitivity towards the educational needs of newcomers.
- Ability to speak a second language rather than English is an asset.
- Knowledge of iCARE, CIS, or CLARS.
- Access to a car.
Duration of Position:
|December 11, 2023 to September 9, 2024
Starting Salary Range:
|$46,952 to $49,280 per annum + benefits
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters,
quoting reference #237-23 to:
"We thank all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please."
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.