Career Opportunity at COSTI
Facilitator - Ontario Works Life Management Skills
This is a full-time Union position scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
COSTI REQUIRES A FACILITATOR, ONTARIO WORKS LIFE MANAGEMENT SKILLS FOR ITS EMPLOYMENT SERVICES TORONTO LOCATION
- Provide intake, assessment, counselling, and referrals for clients in the Toronto Employment and Social Services Purchase of Employment Services (POES) system.
- Participate in outreach to Toronto Employment and Social Services (TESS) caseworkers.
- Participate in community outreach activities to identify community resources, services, and programs supporting and addressing clients’ issues that are impeding achievements of personal career and overall life goals.
- Prepare and facilitate 8 weeks of small group and individualized virtual workshops covering life skills and life stabilization topics i.e. Stress Management, Mental Health, Housing, Hygiene and Food Security, Self Confidence and Resilience.
- Provide information to clients on how to research community services and supports available to their particular needs, and assist them as necessary in accessing those resources.
- Work together with clients to develop a personalize action plan that will address their short term and long term occupational and training needs. Present this case plan and other service pathways to the TESS Case Workers.
- Provide hands-on training to familiarize clients on using MS Teams chat, emojis etc.
- Provide follow-up and case management including counselling and support for two (2) months after core program completion.
- Record all client service activities and outcomes in the Ontario Works POES system.
- Prepare and submit statistical and services reports into the POES system.
- Participate in community outreach activities.
- Arrange guest speakers as needed.
- Social Services Worker Diploma or equivalent with relevant work experience.
- Minimum twelve (12) months of full-time counselling, facilitation experience. Preference will be
given to those working with Ontario Works marginalized and hard to serve clients.
- Must have experience in facilitating workshop covering at least 6 topics of Life Management Skills (Stress and Time Management, Interpersonal and Communication Skill, Anger Management, social development skills/ emotional intelligence, Problem solving and Decision-making skills) and Life Stabilization Skills (Mental Health, Housing, Hygiene, fitness/wellness strategies and coping skills, family and child support services, education resources and supports, Food Security, Self-Reliance and Confident Building skills).
- Experience working within the Ontario Works POES system is an asset.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with Ontario Works case workers and marginalized client groups from the City of Toronto.
- Must be able to work independently and be self-directed carrying on a full caseload, and possesses strong case management skills.
- Level B Certification in Intake Assessment tools is considered an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of local community-based services and programs that support marginalized groups facing multiple barriers and issues.
- Demonstrated skills providing services using virtual tools: MS Teams, Zoom, high five, web apps, internet, and Windows environment software etc.
- Sensitive to and aware of the social problems facing immigrants and in particular marginalized community groups that are facing multiple barriers to employment and life stabilization issues.
- Life skills Training Coach Certificate would be an asset.
- Required to provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) Police check. The VSS must have been completed within the past 6 months.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
|2301 Keele Street, Toronto
Duration of Position:
|March 4, 2024
Starting Salary Range:
|$50,969 - $53,493 per annum plus benefits
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file quoting reference #27-24 to the below link:
"We thank all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please."
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.