Career Opportunity at COSTI
Accounts Receivable Clerk
BE A PART OF A DYNAMIC AND DIVERSE ORGANIZATION AS AN ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK FOR ITS HEAD OFFICE
This is a full-time non-union position scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
- Responsible for the daily processing of Accounts Receivable and related functions.
- Responsible for the daily operations and monthly reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Responsible for the month end procedures, including cash flow report, GL reconciliations, and other duties as needed.
- Responsible for charitable tax receipt generation and in-kind donations.
- Responsible for property tax rebate, funding reports, and specific government reports if needed.
- Assists in year-end closing and annual financial audit. Prepares schedules and ad hoc reports as directed, provides auditors with appropriate information.
- Assists in organization’s funders budgeting process.
- Assist with the testing and implementation of new software and system.
- Other office administrative and clerical support where required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an Accounting Clerk role. Experience in a non-profit or charitable environment preferred but not essential.
- Post secondary diploma in accounting (or a related field), or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Must have experience in ERP system, both financial model and budget model. Experience with financial software such as Microsoft Business 365 or NAV 2016+ is a definite asset.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel with the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- High level of critical and logical thinking and reasoning to identify underlying principles and facts.
- Must be detail oriented and able to work efficiently as part of a team or independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and set work priorities in a fast paced and highly demanding environment.
- Experience in liaising, communicating with all levels of internal and external personnel with a customer service emphasis.
- Must be fully vaccinated or be exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption
Duration of Position:
|March 18, 2024 (Open Ended).
Starting Salary Range:
|48,000 to 52,911 plus benefits
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file quoting reference #28-24 to the below link:
"We thank all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please."
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.