Job Search Counselling, Placement and Job Retention Services
COSTI’s Employment Services are an excellent starting point for newcomers, youth and adults looking to re-enter the workforce. The Job Search and Placement components provide individuals with the employment preparation skills and knowledge needed to find and keep jobs. Services are provided through a comprehensive and integrated service model that addresses each individual’s needs. Individuals clarify their employment needs and establish short-term and long-term goals. Employment Consultants provide individual counselling, pre-employment training, group workshops, and employment placement and referral services.
See employment services available here
- One-on-one employment consultation
- Job placement assistance, i.e. referral to job leads, access to job postings
- Apprenticeship opportunities
- Subsidized on-the-job training and/or direct employment placement
- Development of an individualized employment action plan
- Career exploration through job trials, job shadowing and volunteer opportunities
- Registration in On-Line Services workshops and courses of interest
- Access to employment start-up supports, i.e. transportation, work attire, etc
- Matching for newcomer professionals with a mentor in their field
- Followup and continued support for six months after hiring
- Networking events, post-employment workshops and job fairs
Staff at the Brampton location speak Arabic, Cantonese, English, Hebrew, Hindi, Polish, Punjabi, Spanish, and Urdu.
Staff at the Mississauga location speak Arabic, Assyrian, English, Hindi, Italian, Konkai, Marathi, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Spanish, Tagalog, and Urdu.
Staff at the Toronto-Keele location speak Amharic, Arabic Bulgarian, Cantonese, Dari, English, Farsi, Italian, Mandarin, Oromo, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Tigrinia, and Urdu.
Staff at the Vaughan location speak Arabic, Cantonese, English, Ga, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Punjabi, Romania, Spanish, Swahili, and Twi.
Who is Eligible
Services are available to unemployed Toronto, Region of Peel and York Region residents. Additional eligibility requirements may be necessary to access some services.
Monday to Friday: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
This Program is Located at:
This service is free of charge.
COSTI's Job Search, Placement and Job Retention Services is an Employment Ontario Program, funded in part by the Government of Canada.
View Workshop Calendars
Top Ten Things To Do Today to Get a Job!
Treat job search as if it was a full time job – start at 8:30 am, take breaks, finish at 4:30 pm. If you have to take time out for other activities, such as voluntary work, make the time up in the evening.
Find which Internet sites are best for the jobs you are applying for. Check them each day, but don’t spend more than two hours on this type of job search.
Eighty percent of jobs are never advertised. In general, you should spend eighty percent of your time on the hidden job market.
Put extra effort into developing a network of contacts who can help you look for work. This can include people you already know, people you are introduced to and new contacts that you created for yourself.
Ask your contacts for ideas, information, introductions to new contacts – avoid asking them for work too directly as this can be difficult for both you and your contact if there is nothing available.
Be sure to be positive about yourself and your accomplishments. It may seem strange to boast about your past work, but if you don’t tell people they won’t know.
When you get a job interview, focus your activities on researching the company, preparing answers to the questions you expect, preparing examples of your skills and experience, so that you present yourself in the best possible way.
Once you have put in your hours, take the rest of the day off. Give yourself weekends off as well. There’s more to life than looking for a job.
Find other activities – there are lots of free things to do in Toronto. Check out possibilities in free papers such as NOW or The Eye. Make sure you come back to job search refreshed and relaxed.
Recommended Reading and Online Resources
Employment Services Flyer
Employment services still open for business. Your connection to employment. We have five locations to serve you:
- Brampton: call 905-459-8855 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mississauga: call 905-567-0482 or email: email@example.com
- Toronto: call 416-789-7925 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vaughan: call 905-669-5627 or email: email@example.com
- Weston: call 416-588-2240 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download flyer here